Today printer offline error is the biggest issue faced by many printer users. In-home and office printer is useful to work for printing documents, but sometimes the printer shows offline error.
In offline conditions, the printer is not communicating with your PC. That is due to many reasons, such as connectivity error between PC and printer. It may be using the faulty of the USB cable that is connectivity between them. Another reason may be the printer driver is corrupted.
In the wireless printer offline case, you will try to connect the wireless printer through the wireless network, but these problems are not solved. You fail to connect to the Wi-Fi network and printing the document from your device.
Below we describe the multiple reasons for Why is My Printer Offline, error, and some troubleshooting methods to resolve this problem.
Preliminary Check Your Connection in both conditions Wired or Wireless network
- Whenever this problem arises, then you have to first step is preliminary check your printer connection.
- Make sure your printer power supply is, turned on.
- Make sure, the USB cable is not faulty, and it should be in working conditions.
- Also, check the connection of USB cable is not loose condition between printer and PC.
- Also, check the printer driver is updated.
- After that, you can be Connecting the printer to your computer (PC).
- Check the printer parts like ink cartridge, toner, spooler, and other printer parts, make sure there is no problem to stop printing.
- Check also the no paper jam issue in the printer.
- Check no warning red light flashing or no any type of error message displayed.
- In wireless conditions, you can carefully check whether your home Wi-Fi network connects to the wireless printer.
- Try to keep the wireless printer in the Wi-Fi home range of the network.
- In the case of USB, options are there, then using the established connection with the personal computer.
- Make sure the wireless printer is connected with the right WiFi network.
- Updating your computer operating system of usual browser, software, and a firewall because they can also reason for wireless printer offline error.
Set your Printer as Default Printer
When you install some printer software on your computer, then it will take itself as set the virtual printer as the default printer. In that case, when you enter the print command, then it will print the document by virtual printer instead of the physical printer and show the offline error. So always set your printer as default by following the below step.
- Go to the start button of the computer and open the control panel.
- Click Device and select the Printer & scanner.
- Click on the printer and option select printer set as the default printer, click ok to confirm it.
Restart Computer and Printer Devices
In many cases restart your computer and printer to easily resolve the printer offline error because the computer and WIFI router is part of the network, that can create the problem of printer error.
Run the Printer Troubleshooter
You can also resolve the printer offline error by run the printer troubleshooter.
- Go to the start button of the computer and open the Control Panel.
- Here click on the device and select the Printer & scanner on the left side.
- Select and open the printer troubleshooter settings.
- To check the troubleshoot section as per you have to need.
Any Printer Expert Help
If you are facing a problem with the printer offline error, then you can also contact our expert team without any wasting time. Our highly knowledge & experience expert resolve your printer problem at a time.