We know the Canon MX490 printer is working as multifunctional, so it is also known as all in one printer because it has the best advantage with Wireless Air Print, Copier, Scanner, and Fax Machine in a single printer device. It also works for printing, scanning, and faxing at the same time.
Now we discuss installing a canon MX490 printer on a Mac device with two methods.
- Use a USB connection
- Use a Wireless connection
Now discuss the first & second methods here.
Connect MX490 Printer with USB device-
- First of all, turn on your canon printer and start connecting with the Mac computer through a USB cable.
- Please check on-screen or choose the preferences, then click on the add printer.
- You will look that here it will search a printer automatically, then you choose and press to the next level.
- In case the Canon printer does not find automatically, then you can download the printer driver according to your Canon printer model and make sure that is compatible with your MAC OS (operating system)
- Open the Canon MX490 Driver file for installation and follows the show on-screen instructions on your computer screen.
- When the driver installation step completes, then check your printer connection and take a test page through a printout.
Install Canon MX490 Printer by Wireless Connection-
- Turn on the power of the Canon MX490 Printer device and MAC.
- Please check wireless connection or preferences and then click on the add printer.
- Whenever you can see the MX490 printer in this list, then you can select the printer and press next.
- In case the printer does not find in the available show on the list. Then you have to need the download the latest or updated printer driver according to your Canon printer model that is compatible with MAC OS (operating system).
- Open the Download file setup on desire locations and select for install printer with the wireless connection.
- Select all instructions that are shown on the screen and accept with agreeing and continue.
- Now setup will start to give the option to press WPS Button.
- Check the WPS button on the wireless router and press it.
- Now you can again press OK on your printer.
- Then it will directly connect to your Mac computer.
- Check your printer connection and take a test on a paper by printout.
Contact our Hp printer support team & fix your problem for install the Canon MX490 printer on MAC. Our printer expert gives Canon Pixma MX490 Wireless Printer Setup installation service within 24hours.