What are the Printer Driver and Uses?
The printer driver is the software that converts your data and information through the operating system to the printer to print in the form of hard copy. The printer driver is a computer program that installs in your operating system when the user uses the print commands on the computer system to the printer device then the printer driver converts data to be printed form.
The printer driver is a software program that converts system applications data such as Word documents, Graphics, and spreadsheets by communicating through cables or wireless connection with the printer hardware device to exact copy printout.
In case your printer driver is not working and outdated then you need to download and install the latest version printer driver, or need to update printer drivers.
Method to Update Printer Drivers
In this blog, we discuss the manual methods to update printer drivers that depend on the user operating system.
Now we discuss to update a printer driver for Window 10 you can read below and follow these steps:
- You can connect the Computer and Printer system through a USB cable. Make sure USB cable is proper working conditions.
- On the computer, you can go to the control panel.
- Please click on ‘Hardware and Sound’ that is shown on the control panel.
- Now click on Device Manager, here show all connected printer hardware on your system then look the option for Printer drop-down contain with any relevant printer.
- Right-click the mouse button on the printer and the ‘Update’ driver as you want.
- Choose search automatically or manually driver.
- If the Computer window doesn't find a new driver, then you can go to the driver website to download and install manually.
- Complete the install the driver setup process.
In Window 7 the Printer Driver Update process is different
- Go to the control panel on your PC (computer)
- Here search the Device Manager and click on it to show all connected hardware devices.
- Check your connected printer device show here list form it usually shows under Ports (COM and LPT) or universal Serial Bus. Then after right-clicking the printer and open up properties on your computer. Check here and choose the 'driver' tab and click on Update Driver- to find the new drivers automatically.
Why do we need to learn to update the Printer driver?
If you want to use the new version of the operating system, then you also need to update printer drivers' software. So everyone needs to learn how to update the drivers.
Sometimes your driver crashes, corrupted, and the printer is not working, then you can update the printer driver to fix bugs and add new additional features.
Any Help With Our Expert
If you are facing a printer with the updated driver, then chats with our expert team. You can anytime to contact our expert team and find solutions for all types of printer issues such as paper jam, printer is not printing, ink cartridge, setup configure, and more.
Our expert provides an online service for all kinds of printers. On days per day, many problems occur in your office, and you do not know how to resolve the printer problem, then you contact us 24/7 days. We are the expert team, handle daily basis thousands of printer issues in the United States and Canada locations.
Such Daily Basis problem solved by us
- The printer is not printing
- Printing black lines on paper
- Ink cartridge issues
- Print from smart devices such as Tablets, IPad, and other smartphones
- Printer Hardware Problems
- Slow Printing Speed
- Printhead Clogging issue
- New Cartridge Not Working
- Print failure and more.