HP printers are basically good devices with the high print quality of documents. You can scan, copy and print lots of pages in less amount of time. Very fast printing and scanning speed of HP printers. When you purchasing an HP printer for home or business purposes, mainly uses for print, copy, and scanning. After using the printer you may face the most common error in the printer is black lines on the document. Print normally any document they produce black horizontal lines on the paper or document. This causes an error in your printer and not printing well.
There are two types of lining error one is black lines error and another is white lines error. We describe how to fix white lines error in printer previous blog post. These errors are white horizontal lines on documents when we print any document. The black lines are vertically prints on the left side or right side of the document. Only these vertical black lines are not a single issue, black smudges on the page, missing some areas of document when prints.
Here are some printer problem occurs when prints with the examples
- Black lines (either side of the page, sometimes in the middle)
- Missing areas of print
- Smudges on the page
These are some common black lines errors that occur when prints. Now we discuss all the reasons why it happens and how to fix these error lines.
Firstly check the printer, scanner glass, any dirt and debris that is also the cause of black lines on the document. You can use paper towels or cloths to clean glass cleaner that helps to avoid the spots from the glass cleaner.
- Make sure all your connections of the printer is correctly and directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.
- Turn on the printer then remove the cord from the back of the printer itself and unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Unplug the cord from the outlet and wait for 2 or 3 minutes. then reassemble the power cord and turn on your printer.
- Now plug back the power cable and turn the printer back on.
Ink cartridge Issue:
This issue mainly causes when your cartridges are almost empty or not properly installed.
- Open the lid where ink cartridges are installed. Check that it is properly inserted or empty.
- Remove the cartridges and again install the cartridge.
- If they empty please remove and fill it and place it to their place.
- Print a test page to check the black lines issue is resolved or still appearing.
- If the issue is not resolved, replace the cartridge with a new one.
The printer needs Servicing:
The service of the printer is one more reason for print black lines on the document. You need to service your printer from time to time. Keep your printer dust free and service on a regular basis. For more contact your service provider and tell the issue you faced. Printer customer support helps you with every problem.