Today Windows 10 is the latest and secure operating system of Microsoft. Windows 10 offers a free system update for some years. You can go to the official website of Microsoft and download the latest version of Windows 10. But sometimes, the user faces a problem with the printer because the printer not printing the document after Windows 10 updates or upgrades. In such a condition, the window cannot find the printer and the printer driver. So printer not working and show connectivity error with your system laptops, computer, and smartphones devices.
When windows 10 upgraded, then you need to check your all software, and drivers installed in the computer system, are working. Some other conditions, printer connect to the personal computer with the Windows 10 OS and printer is Working condition and printing the document properly. But after updating the Window 10 OS system affect the printer setting on your computer systems.
There are many reasons for the printer is not working after the Windows 10 updates. The printer driver does not find on your computer, the printer driver is not available on your system PC, the Printer driver is corrupted the Print spooler not in service, and many reasons.
If your printer not working, it means you need to install the latest version printer driver on your personal computer. After the latest update window 10, corrupts all the system drivers, not compatible with the new version of the updated Windows 10 operating system. These issues mainly occur in Windows 10, not in other Windows 7 and 8.1.
There are some important points which help to reconnect your printer to the PC.
Printer Not working on Windows 10:
- First of all, you have to need to restart your PC after update the computer to Windows.
- Check your printer connected to the personal computer through a USB cable.
- Make sure your internet network connection to your computer system either it is a wired or wireless connection.
- After checking all the above steps, if the printer is not working, then you have to need to check your printer driver software is already installed or not. You click on the Start button on the PC and go to Settings, then click on Devices and then click Printer & Scanners.
- If the printer detects by Windows 10 operating system, then it is listed in the main Window. When the printer is not detected by Windows 10 and not showing in your main windows, then you need to click on Add a printer or scanner option and add your printer.
If the Printer is Old:
If Windows 10 cannot detect your printer device, then you can add manual options by click on Add a printer/scanner. Then after go to Add a printer/scanner from Devices and Printers in Control panel. In case your current using printer is an older version, and it is not showing on the showing list, then you can choose the option "My printer is older & help me to find it”. Windows 10 OS will easy to search your PC again to connect your printer.
Check the Network Connectivity:
When you are using a Wireless printer: in that case, Add Bluetooth, Wireless, or Network Searchable Printer> Choose your printer and follow the on-screen instructions.
When you are using a Wired printer: Add a network printer with manual settings, then select the currently existing port and select your printer and follow the on-screen instructions.
Printer Driver Issue:
In many cases, if you are updating Windows 10, there is a maximum chance to corrupt the installed printer driver on your PC or maybe it is not compatible with the updated version of Windows 10. For that case, you can check and download the latest printer driver from the official website of the using printer brand. If you are installing the new printer driver software, then make sure to remove your old corrupted printer driver.
- Remove the device: Open the Printers & Scanners option, then select the printer and Remove device.
- Remove the installed printer driver: Open Control Panel, uninstall the Programs and Features, and then Right-click on the Uninstall printer driver.
- After removing printer drivers, then restart the computer to remove it permanently.
- If you are facing from the low speed of the printer is printing issues while printing, then you can read our blog My Printer Takes too much Time During Printing.
Troubleshoot a Printer:
We know in every computer windows have a troubleshooting tool which is designed, to handle various printer problem. In the printer issues that can troubleshoot like, Print spooler not working, cannot connect to the operating system Windows 10 with the printer, printer driver not found, print spooler service not running, and more. If you find any of these issues, then you can run the print troubleshooter and fix the errors itself.
- To troubleshoot the Printer, go to settings in Windows to troubleshoot the Printer. Select here Update & security and then after clicking on Troubleshoot.
- When you can click on Printer then it will ask for Run the troubleshooter and click on it.
- After complete the troubleshooting process and Restart the windows and then try to take a print test page for it is working or not?
Check Print Spooler:
- Click on the Start windows button and type here Services.
- In Services, find their Print spooler and click on it.
- Check the spooler service is running.
- Stop the print spooler running and delete all the files in folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\PRINTERS.
- After going on Spooler properties, set the startup General Type Automatic.
After this process is complete, and you can try to print some pages and check your printer is now going to print with no errors arise. If any need printer expert for printer not printing, then contact within 24hours.